The SPTC Swimming Program
General Program Information
Summer – 2021
Swimming Lesson Format and Covid Protocol:
- Social Distancing is required for parents or responsible adults remaining on-site for participants.
- Staff members and instructors will wear masks and or face shields, and are required to be masked or maintaining social distance in any interaction with members or other staff members.
- Designated lounge seating on deck will be available complying with MDH social distancing requirements.
- Participants are asked to arrive on site not earlier than 5-minutes prior to the beginning of class.
Instructional classes will be 45 minutes in length.
- Swimmers are requested to arrive “ready to swim” as locker room facilities for changing will not be available.
- Toilet facilities are available.
- Please bring your own goggles and swim equipment (fins, etc.) as needed.
SPTC SWIM SCHOOL Class Offerings
In response to current Covid requirements and recommendations set forth by the MHD dealing with social distancing, group-size limits, and Covid 19 Safety Protocol, the SPTC Swim School Program for this summer has been modified. Hopefully, we will be able to restore full programming in the summer of 2022. For this summer, we have basically down-sized our Swim School offerings to just two classes as follows:
Beginner/Intermediate Hybrid Class: Time: 11:45 – 12:30 a.m.
Class Format: This is now a “Hybrid” class combining our traditional Beginner and Intermediate Swim Classes. Skill levels are anticipated to range from beginner level through Intermediate level skills – BUT – with participants NOT being deep-water proficient. We will evaluate daily, divide and teach to the skill level and needs of each participant.
Class objective: Teach the skills necessary to enable the participants to become deep-water safe. Our goal is to have children leaving this instructional group being able to swim 2-lengths of the pool using two different strokes and potentially advance to the Junior Swimmer Class.
- Minimum age requirement – 4 years of age.
- Lessons are 45 minutes in length.
- Class is taught on a Monday through Thursday basis.
- Cost: $75.00 for the 4-day (Monday – Thursday) weekly reservation. New 4-day sessions begin each Monday continuing through the end of August.
Junior Swimmers Class: Time: 10:45 – 11:30 a.m.
Class Format: This class teaches and refines the four primary swimming strokes; crawl stroke, butterfly, backstroke, and breaststroke, along with a number of basic swim skills and are taught using many of the stroke drills used in competitive swimming. Please note that this class does involve primarily deep-water swimming, and practice swimming lengths of the pool. Parents wishing to have their children participate on the SPTC Swim Team, but who do not have a swim team background, are encouraged to start that experience with this group – this is very much a Swim Team Prep offering. As swimming skills progress, participants will have the opportunity to then move on to and participate in the SPTC Swim Team Program. Children moving on from this class will have many of the basic skills needed to have a successful experience with a competitive swim program.
Added “Bonus”: Children moving from this group up to the swim team have the $75.00 Swim Team Fee discounted.
- A limit of 15 participants per day.
- Participants need to be able to swim at least two full lengths of the pool using two different strokes
- 45 minutes in length: 35 minutes instructional time – 10 minutes exit time.
- Class taught on a Monday through Thursday basis and may be reserved up to 2-weeks in advance.
Cost: $75.00 with a 4-day weekly reservation: (Monday – Thursday).
SPTC Swim-School Lesson Registration
Currently, registration for the Swim Lesson Program can be made by using the SPTC website contact portal for swimming. (See directions below). Lessons are scheduled for four day blocks of time running Monday through Thursday beginning every Monday starting June 14 through the week prior to Labor Day. In addition, we do an official on-site formal registration at the time of the first lesson. The lesson program is also available to those on the SPTC waiting list; lessons for non-members accepted on a “space-available” basis and only available by email contact with Gary. email@example.com
USING THE ONLINE PORTAL FOR SWIM LESSON REGISTRATION
•Go to Swim Reservations.
•Select the Monday of the week you would like to register for.
•Select Sign Up.
•You will be asked for your name, and the number you wish to register – (maximum of three).
•Select Sign-Up – You should then receive a confirmation email.
Private Swim Lessons:
Private individual and small group swimming lessons are also available at the SPTC. If you are interested and would like further information, please contact Gary at this email address:
THE SPTC SWIM TEAM SEASON IS BACK !!
Please Note: with the relaxation of Covid restriction on May 6, 2021 our Swim Team format will begin to return to “normal”. The following are the significant program changes:
• Swim Team practice sessions are scheduled Monday through Thursday from 9:00-10:45 a.m. Beginning Mondy, June 14. Please note the time schedule below.
•Reservations for the Swim Team will no longer be required and we will be able to accommodate larger numbers in practice.
•Social Distancing Protocols are still in effect with Swim Team groups and practices are designed and will be operated to be in full compliance with this requirement.
•We will be holding at least several swim meets this summer with the possibility of home swim meets still TBD.
•At this point, there still are no plans for an Inter-Club Swim Meet; However, please note that this is still being worked on by clubs and coaches.
- Swimmers 11 and older: 9:00–10:00 a.m. – Monday through Thursday.
This group made up primarily of those swimmers who have previously been on a swim team ages 11 and over. 10 and under swimmers with team experience may also attend this practice with coaches permission
- Swimmers age 10 and Under: 10:00–10:45 a.m. – Monday through Thursday.
This group is intended for 10 & under swimmers who have had previous swim team experience and background on a swim team. Swimmers new to competitive swimming are encourage to enroll in the Junior Swimmer Instructional group.
- Cost: $75.00 for the season with a $150 family limit.
Swimmers new to competitive swimming and swim teams are encouraged to enroll in the Junior Swimmers Instructional Group from 10:45 – 11:30 a.m.